Thursday, September 9, 2010

My First Chapter Book!

I finally finished my first chapter book! I was very nervous about reading a chapter book at first but I took my time and asked my library mommies for a little bit of help. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! Would you like to hear about what I read?

I read "The Night Fairy," by Laura Amy Schlitz. This book is about a little fairy, Flory, who looses her beautiful fairy wings. She discovers that while the world she lives in is beautiful, it can be scary for a little fairy. Flory isn't very nice at first because she's trying so hard to survive. She bosses around a squirrel named Skuggle but soon discovers that not everyone responds to her bossy ways. How will Flory ever survive? I won't spoil the book but it does have a happy ending.

I liked this book a lot! It was a very sweet story and it has some beautiful illustrations by Angela Barrett. I hope that you'll come to the library and check it out.

So...now that I finished this book, what should I read next?

Love and carrots,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment