Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Lullaby of Broadway Bunny

I've decided that I'm not even going to mess with television and movies. I'm going to take my newfound fame and go to Broadway! I'll be the first library bunny on the Great White Way (that's what people in the business call Broadway)!

How did I get this fantastic idea? One of our new books (we got a LOT of them this week!) is called "Lights on Broadway" by Harriet Ziefer with awesome illustrations by Elliot Kreloff. It even has a CD with a song by Brian Stokes Mitchell who is a very famous Broadway actor. I haven't got to listen to it yet because my CD player got taken away for playing "Kidz Bop" too loud. I'm sure it's wonderful though.

But the book itself is great even without the listening to the CD. It's an alphabet book that explains some of the different words that people in the theater business use. For example, did you know that in the theater the word "house" refers to the parts of the theater beyond the front of the stage? It also has quotes from famous actors, playwrights, and directors. It's a great book for anyone who wants to know more about the theater.

Gotta go, I need to practice my vocal warm-ups so I'll be ready for auditions.

Love and carrots,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment