Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Book Pics

Remember my fort of new books? I promised I would review some of them for you and here they are!

A Sick Day for Amos McGee
by Phillip C. Sneed, illustrated by Erin E. Sneed



This one isn't actually a brand new book. In my last review, I brought you this year's Newbery Medal winner so I thought it only right to review the Caldecott Medal winner. The Caldecott Medal is presented every year for the children's book with the best illustrations. This lovely book tells the story of a zookeeper, Amos McGee, and all of his friends at the zoo. But what will Amos and his friends do when Amos gets sick?



I Feel Better With a Frog in My Throat: History's Strangest Cures
by Carlyn Beccia


This is my first foray into reading non-fiction. I will warn you, it is a little gross but still very interesting. This book tells about the different, and VERY unusual, medical treatments people have used throughout history. Did you know that some people thought putting mustard on your head would get rid of a headache? What a mess!


Square Cat
by Elizabeth Schoonmaker


Eula is a square cat. She thinks that life would be much easier if she were a round cat like her friends, Patsy and Maude. But her friends help show her that being a square cat is pretty terrific!


If You're Hoppy
by April Pulley Sayre



If you're hoppy and you know it you're a rabbit! Or a maybe a cricket. This book talks about the different animals you may be based on how you feel.



Waddles
by David McPhail


Waddles is a raccoon who is best friends with a duck named Emily. When Emily's ducklings hatch, Waddles becomes happy living in the park with his new family. But what will Waddles do when it's time for the ducks to fly south for the winter? This sweet story has lovely illustrations.

I hope you'll come check out these and our other fabulous reads!

Love and carrots,
Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Morgan, for including Square Cat in your review of fabulous reads!

    Best Square wishes,

    Elizabeth and Eula

    Square Cat
    Aladdin Books
    www.eulathesquarecat.com
    http://eulathesquarecat.blogspot.com/
    @Eulasquarecat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure! I loved Square Cat and have also fallen in love with your blog!

    ReplyDelete